Pages

Total Pageviews

Monday, 3 March 2014

Update!

I've not run away honest!

I've actually been uber busy! Not long after my last post I won a tournament called the World Cup Qualifier (for those that don't know I play Ten Pin Bowling for Scotland). This meant that I was the only female representative to play the World Cup in Siberia. Now I'm going to be first to admit I was not in peak physical shape (in fact I was really really bad) and I knew that if I was to do well in Siberia I had to drop some weight and get a little fitter. I aimed to loose a stone (14lbs) in the 2 months between winning and going away. I was telling a girl from work what I was doing and she suggested I come with her to boot camp. Now I had visions of being worked to death and being screamed at by a big army guy but it turned out it was this small lady named Louise, who sat me down and explained how her boot camps work. I must say that meeting Louise was the best decision I've ever made! Forward 2 months and not only had I dropped my target of a stone I'd dropped another 7lbs on top of that! I played the best I've ever played whilst at an international event and I've been selected for a couple internationals for this year too! I'm still boot camping but I've also started running with the group and started a weigh lifting class with Louise too! I'm 2 stone 3lbs lighter (27lbs) and I'm aiming to do the Spartan race this year! In short there hasn't been much time for stitching!

Here's what I've been doing!

Frosted Pumpkin Once Upon a Time Mystery Sampler,

Done January, nearly finished February, fabric is Polstitches Past Times opal linen,

Calypso has been getting a little love

That tail is 99.9% PTB SPARKLY!!!!! Fabric is a sunny dyes custom,

Also I'm joining the Stitching Bandits Chatelaine Challenge over at chatelainestitchers, I have kitted up Mystery Mandala 3,

Fabric is Jodyri (a new find) green eyed monster and all the threads are silk!!!!

Also received my first full kit from European Cross Stitch for Embroidered Elegance!




So pretty!!!! There is still DMC to go in with this but I can't wait to get started!!!!

4 comments:

missy-tannenbaum said...

Your stitching is really beautiful, and congratulations on making it to the international bowling event and playing well, too! That's so cool!

Blu said...

Congratulations on getting to the World Cup! I can't even imagine what it's like to be representing your country on the international stage. And getting to compete in more internationals sounds wonderful.

That sampler is adorable! The motifs are so cute. Calypso is looking incredible and I can't wait to see your Chatelaine once you get started.

valerie said...

Congratulations on your weight loss and tournament win! I love this fairytale sampler. I've seen a couple of people working on it on facebook. It looks like a fun project!

sneha sri said...

nice things
wedding sarees online | salwar kameez online | sarees online shopping | buy indian sarees online | saree manufacturers